WINTER HAVEN, Fla. — Kids can “become the ninja” in their very own LEGO® NINJAGO® [NIN-JAH-GO] adventure when they enter a magical, martial arts kingdom now open at LEGOLAND® Florida Resort.
LEGO NINJAGO World adds an immersive land filled with several hands-on, outdoor activities where kids can sharpen their ninja skills before the ultimate showdown on LEGO NINJAGO The Ride, a dazzling new attraction that blends 3D computer animation, “4D” special effects such as heat, fog and strobe lighting, and groundbreaking interactive technology never seen outside a LEGOLAND theme park.
Inspired by the popular LEGO building sets and the “LEGO NINJAGO: Masters of Spinjitzu” TV show, LEGO NINJAGO World puts guests at the center of the action in lots of fun ways:
- LEGO NINJAGO The Ride – A state-of-the-art “dark ride” where guests score points using ninja hand moves to blast animated fireballs, lightning and more at waves of 3D villains. Children under 48 inches tall must ride with a responsible person 48 inches or taller who can ensure their safety.
- Zane’s Temple Build – A LEGO building experience where kids can contribute to a giant model of the mountaintop NINJAGO monastery with bins of loose LEGO bricks.
- Kai’s Spinners – Master the ancient art of Spinjitzu at these twirling, whirling, single-child platforms; recommended for ages 5-12.
- Cole’s Rock Climb – A horizontal, right-to-left climbing wall to test kids’ strength and endurance; recommended for ages 2-12.
- Jay’s Lightning Drill – Practice precision and reflexes by pressing as many light-up targets as possible in 30-second sessions; recommended for ages 2-12.
The lushly landscaped area also features large LEGO models of LEGO NINJAGO heroes, Kai, Jay, Cole, Zane, Lloyd, Nya [NEE-AH] and Master Wu, daily meet-and-greet opportunities with sibling ninja Kai and Nya, and Wu’s Warehouse, a themed retail shop filled with LEGO NINJAGO building sets, children’s apparel, costumes, books, souvenirs and more.
The adventure continues Sept. 22, when Warner Bros. Pictures releases “The LEGO NINJAGO Movie,” a full-length motion picture from the same producers behind 2014’s smash hit “The LEGO Movie™” and featuring the voices of Jackie Chan, Michael Peña, Dave Franco, Abbi Jacobson and Olivia Munn.
Announced in March 2016, LEGO NINJAGO World continues the largest period of growth and expansion in the five-year history of LEGOLAND Florida Resort.
Since opening Oct. 15, 2011, the multi-day vacation destination has added LEGOLAND Water Park (May 2012), LEGO® Star Wars™ Miniland Model Display (November 2012), LEGO World of Chima™ (July 2013), DUPLO® Valley (May 2014), LEGOLAND Hotel (May 2015), Heartlake City (June 2015), “The LEGO Movie 4D A New Adventure” (January 2016), Creative Cove/Build-A-Boat (March 2016) and a life-size LEGO replica of the very first Ford Mustang model (October 2016).
Construction continues on LEGOLAND Beach Retreat, which will more than double the resort’s on-site accommodations when its whimsically themed bungalows open April 7, 2017. Reservations are available for stays through Nov. 30, 2017. To book, visit www.LEGOLAND.com/beachretreat or call (877) 350-5346 daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern. Nightly room rates start at $135 (plus tax and resort fee) and vary by season, date and availability.
This year LEGOLAND Florida will also feature an unparalleled lineup of special events:
- The LEGO® Batman™ Movie Days – March 4-5 & 11-12; new this year!
- KIDZ BOP Weekend – April 28-30; new this year!
- LEGO® Star Wars™ Days – May 6-7 & 13-14; two weekends this year!
- LEGOLAND Knight Lights – Select dates in July, including Tuesday, July 4
- Brick or Treat – Select dates in October
- Christmas Bricktacular – Select dates in December
- Kids’ New Year’s Eve – Sunday, Dec. 31 only
All events are full-day experiences included with all forms of park admission and offer incredible entertainment and great value. No extra ticket required!
Guests can enjoy more than 50 rides, shows and attractions inspired by the LEGO and DUPLO brands at the place where #AwesomeAwaits, including experiences based on “The LEGO Movie,” LEGO NINJAGO, LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS™, LEGO City, LEGO Technic and LEGO Friends.